The City School's SLP Data Snapshot 2019
By The Numbers:
- 69 core youth participants
- 100% graduation rate from our summer program
Participants by Race:
- Asian 9%
- Black 69%
- Latina/o 19%
- White 3%
- Indigenous 0%
Participants by Gender:
- Women 64%
- Men 33%
- Genderqueer 3%
Participants by Type of School:
- Public (urban) 86%
- Private 3%
- Public (suburban) 8%
- Metco 3%
- 91% of our youth are Boston residents, with 7% from surrounding suburbs
- 7% of our youth are court-involved
- 13% identify as LGBTQ
The City School’s mission is to develop and strengthen youth to become effective leaders for social justice. To live our mission and achieve our impact, we hold ourselves accountable to the following four outcome areas:
- 94% increased their facilitation skills.
- 95% Increased their personal goal setting and self-generated learning capabilities.
- 97% increased their critical thinking skills.
Social Justice Education:
- 94% challenge racism, sexism, classism and heterosexism in society.
- 97% increased their understanding of race, class, gender and sexual orientation.
- 97% are confident and ready to take action to address community issues.
Academics and Future:
- 100% plan on attending college after high school.
- 95% were committed to achieving academically.
- 100% have a plan for their future.
- 94% built trusting relationships with youth across difference.
- 97% are able to identify indicators of a healthy relationship.
- 89% built trusting relationships with staff mentors.